March 30, 2011

Vaguely Moroccan Baby Cous Cous

Note: When I mixed up the first batch of this meal, I went gaga for it. I'd only made enough for E, but will be packing some for lunches for the whole family in the future.

I threw this meal together as a way to introduce baby E to some new textures and flavors. I had (unsulfered) dried apricots in the pantry, as well as raisins, and I thought that those might go well with cous cous and some spices. Sounds vaguely Moroccan, no? I did a little google search and it turns out I was right. I cooked up the apricots and raisins separately, boiling each in water until soft. Pureed each of the fruits and froze them in my freezer trays.


Vaguely Moroccan Baby Cous Cous
- 1/4 cup homemade veggie broth (see recipe here)
- 1/4 cup cous cous
- 1 cube (approx 2-3 Tbsp) pureed cauliflower
- 1-2 tsp each pureed apricot and raisin
- a dash-let cinnamon and cumin

Bring broth to a boil, add cous cous and remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. I only used about 3 Tbsp of cous cous for this recipe, but make as much as your baby (and you) want to eat, adding more fruits/veggies if needed. To however much cous cous you want to eat add cauliflower, fruits and spices. Mix until well blended. Feed to baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment